Sliding home, lightning fast


Definition of mojo. : a magic spell, hex, or charm broadly : magical power - Merriam Webster

I am supposed to be taking a break from blogging -- the message I left in the last post of safety pins was more for myself than any readers -- but as so often happens in my creative life, I slip. More accurately I slide at lightning speed into another place or space. It's the Uranus Factor that makes me do it. The factor that would be out-of-character when I was a young girl and young woman, the Uranus Factor has become the elemental escape hatch necessary to live a mythic life as a makua o'o. Blogging is a solitary game especially when few comments reach me. I wonder whether the effort of putting my heart into a word-filled choreography is worth it.

Of course it's worth it! I so need to express the mythology of the life I'm living. So here I am creating another blog to fire up my mojo, again. I'm making flan a dessert that makes me salivate just to think of it. Custard. I love custard and in the real world where I am my tiny toaster oven and the bakeware in my orbit will not make flan. But a blog! A blog can hold milk, sugar and eggs in its cyber-custard cups and when done a small blow torch will not create breathing difficulty but toasty, bubbly crust.

So this is short and sweet. Mojo Flan. I'm writing instead of being allergic to the world that is so often a mine-field. With three drops of old medicine man root Osha, I've set this new space up to make my way back into the delicious and mysterious land of mojo making. 'Flan' will be my magic wand. Smooth. Creamy. Custard.

Fun. Goes well with Molly's Chocolate Chip Cookies! (Hint, hint)


Comments